Tuesday 27 June 2017

Make your own Hand Sanitizer

When I became a mother I wanted to do the right thing. I would sanitize my hands every nappy change, after going to the bathroom, petting the family dog. I was obsessed. 
I have just one word “Triclosan” Look it up and see how scary it is!
Little did I know all the nasties involved!

Almost every hand sanitizer has it in it. It’s also called be different names.
Alternative names quick Irgasan DP-300, Lexol 300, Ster-Zac, Cloxifenolum. It also has a close cousin called triclocarban. ...
Triclosan is restricted or banned in many countries, including the EU, but is not by the FDA.
For more information, check out these sources: U.S. Food and Drug Administration, 
Web MD.
No one said you have to go without. Just make one without the nasties.

Hand Sanitizer

Ingredients
5 tbsp aloe vera gel
4 tbsp distilled water
1/2 tsp vitamin E oil
5 drops orange Essential Oil
3 drops clove EO
3 drops of cinnamon EO
3 drops eucalyptus EO
3 drops rosemary EO


         Combine all ingredients in a squeezable container. Shake well and you are ready to clean your hands anywhere, anytime without stripping your body’s natural acid protection barrier.










No comments:

Post a Comment