Sunday 28 October 2012

Granny's Southern Style "Vegan" Cornbread

Cornbread is a "famous" southern dish.

Ingredients

1       cup of cornmeal
1       cup of soy milk
1       cup of wholemeal flour
1/4    cup of raw sugar
5       tsp of baking powder
1/2    tsp salt
1/3    cup of coconut oil
1/2    tsp of vanellia
*Option
Instead of using 1/4 cup of raw sugar, you can subsitute 1/8 cup of agave necter

1)      Preheat oven to 425F or 215C

2)      Combine all ingredients and beat well

3)      Bake in greased and florid 8inch cake pan for 15-25 minutes - until knife comes out clean

*Optional
Serve with margrine, jam, or cashew butter..... enjoy!


















I have fond memories of my grandma making cornbread. I always knew when she was making it because I could smell the sweet aroma before I walked though her door.
I always think about you Granny when I'm making it!





No comments:

Post a Comment